*Harvest Weekend...at least that's my name for the weekend fast approaching.
Pumpkins...Cider Pressing...Crisp Air...Leaves...oh my!
1.Ted's...er...Monty's Pumpkins...for sale on Main Road.
2. Colors...Colors...Colors...just try to count them all!
3. Farm Museum...family fun at the Cider Pressing Party...children's activities, too...Saturday & Sunday.
4. Apples? Oooohhhh, the caramel apples...also at the Farm Museum event...get their own #on my list...they're available both days...until they run out.
6. Sales! At Island Style, Islandtime Books & Island Outpost...to name several. Check the Washington Island Observer for more.
7. Food? Did I forget food? Saturday, the day can start off with breakfast at the Fire Department Open House (7:30am to 10:30am)** ......and end at Harvest Dinner @ Trinity Lutheran Church! Call 847- 2286 for reservations. At this writing, several seatings are filled.*** Food is indeed a fundamental part of this weekend!
8. Books & Media Sale @ the Art & Nature Center, 9 to 12, Saturday. Stock up!
9. See one more sunset. (This one is an Anna Gibson photo.)
10 (Perhaps) a rollicking ride on the ferry awaits...this photo was taken last year at Harvest Weekend.
Autumn is awesome! Join us!
Have a great week!
**Cathy Meader Photo ***Thanks to the Danish Mill for the use of the cherry pie photo. (Their pies are delicious, too!) It simulates the "pie room" at the Trinity Event. In the spirit of accuracy, pumpkin pie is the dessert served at the traditional family style turkey dinner.